I suggest you ...

White Label Reporting/Dashboards for App Users

Can DBInsights be used to provide a report/dashboard (or several) to users of an existing heroku app?

The real key is that each user of the app has their own data, and would need their own implementation of the same report/dashboard. There appears to be other players in this market, but they all look to be quite expensive and/or not fully working.

What would you imagine charging per user per month?

Thanks!

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike KarpMike Karp shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ivan SchneiderAdminIvan Schneider (Developer, DbInsights) commented  · 

Thank you for your suggestion.
        There is currently no way to parameterize reports and their associated charts but this is a need I previously encountered and I'm willing to implement it in DbInsights. Still trying to figure out the right way to do it though.
        Am I right in understanding that you have a database containing various types of records linked to say a users tables through a user_id column and you would like to define a report with various charts parameterized by the value a specific user_id ?
        How do you imagine you would give access to those reports to your users ?
        To which other players in this market are you referring specifically ?

• Mike KarpMike Karp commented  · 

Looks like the "Standard" plan includes unlimited dashboards etc, but I would be remiss if I had to create a new dashboard for every user - since its the same framework, but different data. Is there a way to dynamically drive the data source/data criteria?

Feedback and Knowledge Base